The A/R – Billing Specialist will be responsible for daily AR/Cash application activities. Provide support to Project Managers with administration responsibilities including but not limited to communication with customers to attain required information for services, billing, audits, bid proposals, and weekly & monthly department reports.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining complete AIA and Special Billings
- Record and Post all payments to Accounts Receivable in a timely accurate manner
- Run weekly aging reports to analyze delinquent accounts, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Prepare monthly report on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution.
- Handle collection activities to maximize cash receipts
- Responsible for entering and maintaining complete billing submittal packages
- Maintain project records to ensure compliance with company policies and retention schedules
- Create and forward lien waiver
- Assist with other company functions as needed – ex. AP/Filing/etc.
- Experience with Sage Timberline software strongly preferred
- Industry experience with construction billing that includes knowledge of AIA documents, waivers of liens and progress billing a must
- One year construction administration; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved, required.
- Excellent attention to detail is required
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Must possess good time management skills
- Must have good skills using Microsoft Office products with proficient skills with Microsoft Excel for financial purposes.
- Timberline Software Knowledge is much preferred
- Knowledge of Processing Lien Waivers preferred